Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Toddler Felt Easter Basket

As you might already be able to tell...we really like playing with felt:)

During Christmas time, the felt tree I made my little one was a HUGE hit!  She loved putting the ornaments on and off and counting them!

Being that Easter is around the corner, I thought it might be nice to make her a felt Easter Basket.  Well...she LOVED it.



She spent a long time counting all of the eggs, putting them on and off the basket and saying each of the colors.

Here is what I did.

I cut out the basket, grass and handle out of green and brown felt.  I drew on the basket with a Sharpie marker to make it look a little more "realistic" (if that is possible when using felt).


I used my hot glue gun to put all of the pieces together and hung it up on one of my walls with Poster Putty (memories from my college dorm room..ha!).


My little one then took over.  She started to decorate herself.



I might cut the eggs down a little so that we can fit more.  And I will also add a bow to the top.  But as it is my little one LOVES it!

Share

21 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Riley would love this too. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is too cute!

    ~Mo
    www.mokekumileicreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I am going to have to try this. Now, to figure out where I put that felt! HA!

    Emily
    busychickadees.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super fun. My daughter would love this! Thanks for linking to Handmade Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays. The bloglovin blog hop opens tonight at 6 EST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays. The bloglovin blog hop opens tonight at 6 EST.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute! Visiting from Thinky Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tHIS IS SO GREAT...Thanks for sharing it!. I am visiting from the Kids Co-op....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Activity. Thanks for sharing. : ) This is perfect for little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, how fun is this?!? Such a great idea for the holiday for the kids!! Thanks so much for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I just love it and shared it with my FB page! Thanks for linking up at my party! https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Turtles-Life-for-Me/212508615444255

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very simple yet creative activity to do with younger kids. Thanks for sharing at Kids Co Op

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for linking this up at the Pinworthy Project party. This is so adorable and looks like the kids had fun with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome! I too LOVE felt!!! Isn't it amazing!? I am featuring this at Thrifty Thursday this week, thanks so much for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I love this - and it's being featured on Thursday on my blog :) Come on by and grab your button! And thank you for joining my blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know I have commented on this before, but I just wanted to let you know I am featuring your cute basket at today' link party! Wahoo!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/04/thursdays-temptation-link-party-12.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun!! I was thinking of something like this the other day as I watched my daughter play with her felt snowman. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing this on Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land...hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute - what a fun thing for your kids to play with again and again this season!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I shared your post on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/LivingLifeIntentionally- See you tomorrow
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute - what a fun thing for your kids to play with again and again this season!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I shared your post on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/LivingLifeIntentionally- See you tomorrow
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...