Thursday, March 15, 2012

Our pot of gold!

It is ALMOST St. Patty's Day, so I wanted to share with you two more things the little peanut and I did to celebrate!  I had been searching around Pinterest for ideas and pinned some of what I liked here.  I really LOVE Pinterest!  It gets my creative juices flowing:)

The first thing we did was make a snack!  We had gone grocery shopping and bought a ton of fruit - most of which was on sale this week which made me even happier:)

We created a fruit rainbow.  I just love how this turned out!!  


I made her a smaller plate and she ate it all before I could get a picture!  As she was eating, she would yell out the color before she gobbled it down!  So cute!  

I put the leftovers into a plastic container in the fridge so that we can make another rainbow this week!

The second thing we made was a pot of gold!  



Amy from One Artsy Mama had made this last year with her son.  I recalled the post when I was in the dollar store about a month ago and came across gold coins.  The only thing we did a little different was add a cloud made of cotton balls and instead of painting the pot black (I didn't have black paint in the house) we used Mod Podge and black tissue paper.  Worked like a charm;)

In case you missed it, Amy is also giving away one of our crayon rolls here.  Head over, check it out and enter!!


Share

12 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the rainbow of fruit. It makes each piece that much more appealling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas!! Love the fruit rainbow...I've been thinking of doing that as well for my kids :) Fun way for them to eat healthy too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fruit looks so good right now! My blog was awarded the Liebster Award last week, and I'd like to pass it on to you! I'll announce it on my blog this Saturday, so stop by to check it out!

    http://www.gratefulbelly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so fun and cute!! I love the pot of gold rainbow! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are too cute! I love the fruit bowl! So festive! Enjoy the weekend girls, and of course St. Patrick's Day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a cute job. I love that my kids could help he do these quick and easy. Thanks for linking up to Pomp Party.

    Amanda Joy
    Joy in the Jumble

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute way to display a yummy fruit plate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabby pot of gold! we have been doing lots of st patrick's and rainbow fun this week too! Pintrest is great and we also have the rainbow fruit pined. even the little ones who are not so keen on fruit came to try some!! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute ideas. Thanks for coming to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful ideas!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...