Sunday, March 18, 2012

Letter of the week - H

Hope everyone had a fantastic St. Patrick's Day!!  

This week we focused on the Letter H.  My little one is 25 months old.

Each week we take down the old sign and my little peanut runs over to the easel to put up the new one.  She really loves doing this.  Here is our Letter H sign...H is for House.


Since my hubby came up with such a great idea for last weeks felt board, I asked him again this week.  His idea was a house.  At first I thought...you cheated by looking at our H sign!!  But after some thought I went with it. 


The house turned out to be a great lesson in shapes as well.  The roof - a triangle.  The house itself - a rectangle.  The windows - squares.  And the door I put the first letter of our last name on it - D.  She.LOVED.it!!

If you look at the top of the felt board you will also notice a handprint.  We had talked about H is for "Hand", so as I was cutting out the house, my little one asked for her hand to be traced.  I was so impressed she realized it went with our H theme:)  Plus I loved her input!

Lots of H craft ideas up on my Pinterest board, but this is what we came up with.

We had the paint out for a handprint craft that I will share later this week, so I painted her hand with each of the colors.




We made 5 handprints in different colors on white paper.  When the paint dried, I cut out all five handprints.  I also cut out a letter H from purple construction paper and then glued down the handprints.  Here is the finished product hung up on our wall.  I love her little hand:)



Last week we made green play dough for my little one's friends.  We saved a little bit for ourselves and used it this week to make the letter H.  I took a printout and put it in a sheet protector.


She preferred to roll the play dough into balls instead of snakes to make the letters...so we did not do this for very long.  Oh well...will try again next week!!


A month ago for Valentine's Day, my little one had helped me make heart shaped crayons.  We took ours out this week to use.  We colored our "H" sheets with our Heart crayon.  She loved seeing all of the different colors!!



Hope you all have a terrific week!! 

Share

14 comments:

  1. I love all the connections with the heart crayons and hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hands H turned out very cute! We were in a green playdough week too =) http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2012/03/saint-patricks-day-smash-shamrock.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the handprint H (when we did the alphabet, I did horse, now I wish I had thought of house). Thanks for sharing on Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land! Hope to see you again sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome and fun crafts. My daughter would love each and every one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to Handmade Tuesdays. She's so cute, concentrating so hard while using her heart shaped crayons! I have made star shaped ones before...aren't they fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the felt board ... I remember having one as a kid now that I've seen it on your blog. Thank you for stopping by and entering the linky party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to invite you to share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Friday @Toys In The Dryer http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/03/fun-stuff-fridays-16.html.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely ideas. Looks like a lot of hands-on, fun learning! Thanks for linking up to Thinky Linky Thursday!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the thought of using their hands to make an H. Thanks for this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great ideas!! I love the fun you put into learning. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you will join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hand "H" = Thanks for linking up to TGIF!!See you tomorrow!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute ideas! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We love having you and hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...