Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Elmo Cupcakes Tutorial

With vacation and sickness, February has come and gone too fast for me!

For my daughter's second birthday we celebrated with an Elmo theme.  Today I thought I would share how we (my dad and I) made her Elmo cupcakes.  I just love how they turned out!!

What did we use?
A box of cake mix
white icing (not shown)
orange icing
red sprinkles
wilton "eyes"
mini-oreos


Step 1:  Follow the directions on the cake mix box for cupcakes.  I found Elmo cupcake liners at Stop and Shop, so we used that.


Step 2:  Once they are cool, ice the cupcakes with the white icing.


Step 3:  Cut the oreos in half for Elmo's mouth.  We found this to be easy with just a regular knife - although I ended up eating some them when they cracked into pieces:)


Step 4:  Place the half of oreo at the bottom of the cupcake and add two eyes to the top.  We found it easier to put these things on before the sprinkles.  They stuck better...


Step 5:  Dip the whole cupcake in a bowl of red sprinkles.



Step 6:  Add Elmo's orange nose.


Add one happy Elmo fan and enjoy!!!  


Share

18 comments:

  1. So cute and so easy!! I think for my daughter's 2nd bday we are going to do Minnie, but Elmo's a close second. I might do these just for fun one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them, love them, love them! The birthday girl is precious too. I'm so excited your coming tonight. I'll see you at 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute cupcakes! Just found your sight at a link party and became a follower. If you have a second, please stop by my brand new blog, I'd love to have you follow me, too:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking these up at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family. Riley saw them when I stopped in to see the link party and she started yelling about Elmo and cupcakes. Great! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These Elmo cupcakes are just the CUTEST!!! Who doesn't love Elmo, and they are very Elmo-like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! Found you through Mingle with Us bloghop! Following along! Would love for you to stop by my corner of the blogosphere and follow along too!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My neice and nephew are over the moon about Elmo. They would love these :) I'll have to store the idea away for Easter or something...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!! My kiddos would love them. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!! I like these because you don't have to control the frosting for decorating!!

    I would love if you would link up to my brand new linky party- Scout's Sweet Sundays.

    http://www.xstitchandcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/03/scouts-sweet-sundays-linky-1.html

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! We just had an Elmo Bday party for my daughter's 2nd too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Cute! We just had an Elmo Bday party for my daughter's 2nd too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cupcakes are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun cupcakes!! I love it! Great job!! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how sweet are these! Perfect instructions too. Even I can make them. Hopefully ;-) Following you on GFC. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are adorable and such a great tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday. hope to see you again next week.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute idea! I will have to remember this design idea for the next time I make cupcakes. Thank you for the beautiful idea! I am stopping by for inspire me Monday. What a great way to start the week with such positive inspirations. Please visit me at http://kelleysnutrition.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-inspires-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just too cute! Thank you, ladies for linking up to my party last week. Hope to see you again this week. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...