Sunday, March 25, 2012

Letter of the week - I

This week we focused on the letter I.  My little one is 26 months old.

Like usual, we started out the week by taking down the old letter (H) and putting up our new one.  Here is our Letter I is for Igloo.


Our felt board this week is a household favorite...Ice Cream!!!!


I cut out everything freehand as usual.  She loved to count the scoops and name each of the colors.

I didn't come up with too much inspiration on Pinterest this week...here is what we ended up doing.

Our first craft project was really simple.  My little peanut really loves using dot paints and requested them.  So I cut out the letter I and glued it down on white paper.  She had a lot of fun with this one.


We also made an Igloo.  I drew the shape on blue construction paper and cut up some pieces of white paper.  She used a glue stick to stick them on.  This was the first time we used the glue stick...she liked putting her fingers on the glue more then anything else!


Here is what we ended up with.


Lastly, and probably my favorite...we made ICE CREAM!!!

I started by cutting out a cone, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate from different colors of construction paper.


We "decorated" each flavor a little differently.

We started by dot painting (I told you she was really into it) the chocolate.



And for the vanilla we did something similar to the shamrocks we did a few weeks ago - making it into a sun catcher.


And lastly we added some pom-poms (we called them sprinkles) to the strawberry.



This is what our finished product looked like.


Of course we also did some coloring for our I book but as my little one is getting older she seems to prefer "projects" as she calls them:)


We also had some ice cream this week to help reinforce the letter...HA!  Who am I kidding...we have ice cream no matter what letter of the week we are talking about:)

Share

7 comments:

  1. I love how creative you are with her, I keep sending links with your posts to my sister, she has 2 kids both around this age.

    ~Mo
    www.mokekumileicreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute ideas here..love the ice cream cone and the igloo! Your little one is adorable!

    Thanks for linking this to Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land..hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *My* first "I" word was Indian -- lots of great stuff to do with it.

    Ice-cream is not bad, though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good! I need to start doing this with Riley. We love our ice cream too, but your cone came out so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Letter I ideas--I love the felt ice-cream cone! Mmmm! ;) Thanks so much for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday--I hope we see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow some great ideas

    serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...