Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shamrocks!!!

It is almost St. Patrick's Day:)  We have been doing a few crafts to celebrate over the last few days. 

Today we wanted to share our Shamrock Window Decorations.  We basically made them just like we did our fish.

Here is what we used:
Green Tissue Paper
Green Construction Paper
Contact Paper
Printout of a shamrock to use as a template




We started out by cutting up the tissue paper into small pieces.


Next we traced our shamrock 4 times on the green construction paper.


I cut the paper into 4 squares, because next I cut out the inside part of the shamrock.


Next, I cut a piece of contact paper and laid it over the top of the cut shamrock.  Then my lil peanut went to work adding the cut green tissue paper to the contact paper.



She even insisted that her golf bear (we are working on the letter G this week) participate.


Once she was done, we added another piece of contact paper on top and then I cut around the edge of the shamrock.  


Ta-Da!  Here is our finished products hanging up on our window.  Cheap, easy, St. Patty's Day decorations:)


***Please excuse my dirty windows.  Spring Cleaning is obviously in order:)

Share

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I may just have to give my little guy a craft project this afternoon! Happy Sunday!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute and simple, I may have to try it out, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how those turned out! Beautiful spots of color on your window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...