Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homemade Toys

For the past couple of months I have been buying toys and stashing them for Christmas and her January birthday.  However, every now and again I like taking out something "new" for my little peanut to play with; especially when I need a few minutes to get something done.  

After looking over Pinterest and various blogs I came up with the following two "homemade" ideas so as not to have to go to the store and buy something BEFORE Santa was able to come to our house:)


The first homemade toy that I put together came from an idea I spotted here.  I took an old plastic water bottle that was in the recycling bin and dropped in 3 clothes pins.  My little peanut first just shook the bottle like a rattle and then she asked me to take the top off.  She then enjoyed dumping out the clothespins and dropping them back in.  FUN!


The second homemade toy came from a post I saw over at Dirt and Boogers (I really love this site).  I took an empty puff container and took the plastic off the outside.  I cut an "X" with sharp scissors on the cover and cut a few pipe cleaners in half. 

She practiced emptying the container.


And then stuffing back in the pipe cleaners.  She entertained herself for some time - independently too:)

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...