Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Techy Tips on Tuesdays - Links

Happy Tuesday!!



I received a question that I thought would make a good Techy Tip Topic!

This blogger asks:

I love how you have the link to your Techy Tips on your right sidebar. When I click it, your Tips come up and at the top it says that it is showing all posts with Techy Tips in the labels (or something like that). How do you do that?



This is quite simple to do and after the weekend I just had, I needed a simple topic to post about:)

For each post you write, you have the option of adding a Label {or two or three or...}.


To start out, you will need to add the same label to all of your similar posts.

For example, all of my Techy Tips posts contain the label "techy tips" - written exactly like that (this is important).

Next head over to one of those posts and click on the label.

Copy the URL that is now displayed.



The URL that you just copied is the link to all of the posts containing the label.  In my example, the URL:  http://www.twosasters.com/search/label/techy%20tips  will contain all of my posts with the label called "techy tips".

By doing this, you allow your readers easy access to a group of posts on a similar topic.


Linking up to these great parties:)
Share

18 comments:

  1. I think I did it! Now I just need to figure out how to make it as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is easy! Thanks for all these techy tips! As a fairly new blogger these have been a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question with an unbelievable detailed and easy to follow along answer. Great techy tip! I could totally do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent advice as always, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am TRYING, i AM TRYIING...thanks for sharing;
    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip, will have to update my site.

    One question, do you know how to delete labels that you aren't using? I have a typo on one of mine, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Not a huge problem but it bugs me, and there's probably an easy fix

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...so then with that URL that you copied, you can add that as a link on your sidebar. Is there a particular widget you used in Blogger? I so appreciate all your tips...I'm a newbie, and am learning so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog- as a newish and relatively non-savvy gal, I so appreciate that you share all this info...can't wait to scour your posts...thank you, thank you!
    also- stopping by from romance on a dime...and am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! Thank you sooo much! I wouldn't have figured that out in a million years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

      Delete
  10. Wow. I learned something. I love that. Now how to make a pretty graphic to go with it....mmmm a future techy tip? Thanks again. Linda

    I pinned this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your techy tips. Probably because I am so NOT techy. Every time I make a new button for my site, I have to follow someone's step by step instructions.=) I did your favicon tutorial, and now have my own. Thanks for such clear instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome tip! It's a great idea to link to labels for fun stuff like your Techy Tips :-) Thanks so much for sharing this at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tip Ladies :)

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tutorial as usual. You guys are amazing with all your technical information you share. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :) Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing at Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...