Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Techy Tips - How to get the same image/text to appear in every post

Can you believe it is Tuesday already?!?!  Time again for another tip:)


Have you ever noticed that at the bottom of our posts is the same signature image and text?  This is great because I am not always at the same computer.  Want to do the same thing?  Here is how.

Step 1
Start off by making a cute signature.  To make mine, I started with a white background, added a heart and our names. 



Step 2
I saved this image to my Photobucket account, just like we talked about here and copied the HTML code.



Step 3
Head over to your blog and start a new, fresh post.  Paste the HTML code you just copied and add any additional text that you may want in the bottom of every post.


Once you are happy, click  over to HTML and copy the code exactly!



Step 4
Now head over to your blog dashboard.


Under Settings, head to "Posts and Comments" and paste the code you just copied into "Post Template".


Be sure to hit "Save".

That is all there is to it:)

Do you have a question about something technical?  Feel free to leave a comment below or send me an email!

Need some help making or saving your signature?  Contact me!  I would be glad to help:)

Linking up to these great parties:)
Share

22 comments:

  1. Wow that's so easy! How do you always make things that would otherwise seem complicated seem so easy? :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great techy tip. Again, easy to understand and follow. Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Advice. Heading back to my site to give it a shot. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tech tips. I did this signature thing a couple weeks ago. I love how it personalizes my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love techy tip Tuesdays, great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't tell you how helpful your Techy Tips are! I just added our signature thanks to you! Thanks for sharing all your hard earned knowledge with us newbies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You make it look so simple! Thanks for the tips! I'm following you through Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered how people did that. Now I can add it to my blog post! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always....so helpful! THank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great tip! Thanks for linking up to my Super Link Party! :-)

    I have (another) techy question. How do you customize the text/pics in the menu bar under your banner? (Home...About us... Buttons... etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cari and Cortnee,
    As usual I LOVE your techy advice and immediately tried to make myself a signature but I don't use a white background so I couldn't do it :( I will keep trying to figure it out. Your tutorials are ALWAYS so great and help those of us who are just creating our own blogs. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you SO much!! All this time I have been copying and pasting.... LOL I am PInning this so I won't forget! THANKS AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tip...I'm glad I saw/found this! As a new blogger I love finding helpful tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from Fantabulous Friday #21 and so glad I did because this tip is fabulous. Can't wait to try it. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't even know you could do this. Thanks so much for sharing this! New follower of your blog! Great stuff :)

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great tutorial! Just shared on our FB and Google + page! Have a nice weekend!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I am soo excited you shared this.. I always wondered how you made one! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. I am going to create my signature.. hopefully you see it next week!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love techy smart people. That's good to know. I've been meaning to check into that and it keeps getting pushed down on my list. You just saved me some checking to find it. Thanks so much. Hope you'll stop over to Quirky Vistas and visit me sometime.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't tell you how much I appreciate these techy tips! Keep them coming! Thanks for linking up !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tip! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...