Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Techy Tips - Email Signatures

Happy Techy Tuesday!!!!


Last week we talked about adding the same text or pictures automatically into each post (ie. your blog signature).

Jenny from The NY Melrose Family tweeted me {she has gotten me slightly obsessed with twitter:) } and asked if she could do the same to her email.  Great question!!!

Since Jenny uses gmail, let's start there!


Head over to the gear icon on the top right of your Gmail homepage.

Select "Settings".


Scroll down until you see "Signature".



Two buttons are of importance when creating your email signature.  You can add an image and also add links to your text.



For example...after clicking on the add an image button, you will be brought to this screen and asked to put in your image URL.  As discussed last week, I use photobucket to store my images.  I copied the URL from there.


You can also add text to your email signature.  This will allow your email readers to link directly back to your blog, your shop or whatever else you would like to include.



Once you are done it might look something like this....



When you are done, be sure to scroll down to the bottom and save your changes.


Compose a new email and voila!





Perhaps you are using something other then gmail?

For Hotmail users, same idea, just a different way of getting there:



As always, if you need help, don't hesitate to ask!!

Questions like this one are always welcomed:)

Linking up to these great parties:)
Share

17 comments:

  1. I love these tips!! Thank you so much for posting!! This is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a harder time with this one, maybe because of how I made my blog signature. I used live signatures. So trying to import that made me pull my hair out. But showing the link part was awesome. Thanks.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I totally just did this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I am going to send it to some friends so they know how to add signatures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave it to Ms. Jenny to get your obsessed with Twitter :). She is having that effect on me with Facebook. Another wonderful techy tip. As usual, very concise and easy to understand. Your posts make me feel like a techy myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I alwasy enjoy the tips that you guys provide :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just created a signature for my blog posts - didn't even think about doing it for email. Great tip - pinning so I remember to do it! Visiting from Super Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tip, thanks for sharing it at The Fun In Functional! I use a signature in my Gmail, but it's just text and a link to my blog; I didn't even think about using an image there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome tip (especially for email ... doing it today!) and I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tips - thanks for posting!!

    Visiting via the Pomp Party Hop

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tutorials! I created a signature for my posts after reading your last post! I also appreciate how you go through it step by step. There are so many facets to blogging. I am a fan & a linky follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great tip!!! Seriously, you should publish a book with all of your tips!!! I love them!!!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your techy tips!! Thanks for sharing. Found you through Twoyellowbirds linky. - Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wanting to do this this week! Thanks for sharing! Found you through Six Sisters Linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Your AWESOME Techy Tips (once again) received the most clicked on feature of last week's Super Link Party!
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/07/super-link-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tips, I love that you're doing these. Thank you for posting on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back this week with more.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...