Thursday, November 3, 2011

My CVS trip - 8 items for under $10.00!!

I ran up to CVS this afternoon mainly because I love Aveeno and saw that it was on sale in the CVS flyer.  While I was there I went thru the Halloween items since they were marked down 75% percent (I have no problem putting things in a box for next year)!  For less then $10.00, here is what I walked out of the store with:


Here is what I did:

My 1st Transaction:
2 Aveeno 12 oz. bottles of moisturizer (on sale; 2 for $13; regular price was 9.99)

Coupons used:
$3 off of 2 Aveeno products (from the SmartSource 10-31 circular)
$3 Extra Care Bucks left over from last week

Total after coupons and tax: $8.09  (my receipt says that I saved $12.98)
AND I received $7 Extra Care Bucks to be used on my next purchase!!!


My 2nd Transaction (I went to the back of the line so I didn't upset any customers):
1 500 mL bottle of Listerine (on sale; $3.99; regular price was $5.99)
1 pack of Trident (on sale for $.99; regular price was $1.49) - I really wanted gum today:)
4 different Halloween items found in the clearance section (all were 75% off)

Coupons used:
$1 off - Listerine (from the Red Plum 10-9 circular)
$7 Extra Care Bucks from my previous transaction

Total after coupons and tax: $1.22  (my receipt says that I saved $19.86)
AND I received $2 Extra Care Bucks to be used on my next purchase!!!


These are all items that I needed/use.  I try not to buy things just for the sake of having a coupon, but rather try to match the coupon up with a sale on something that I need or could use.

Was this helpful?  Will you be heading over to CVS for some deals?  Please share, I would love to hear about your shopping trip savings:)
Share

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I got the Listerine, too. And you did great on the clearance rack. My experience is that once in a while there are good deals there, but mostly it is stuff that I wouldn't buy at any price.

    Thanks for linking up with Wednesday Weekly Shopping at Frugal Follies!  Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) I agree, usually the clearance section is useless!

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...