Monday, October 17, 2011

Toddler Halloween Activity

This afternoon my little peanut and I wanted to do something fun for Halloween since it is two (short) weeks away (can you believe it?!?).  Here is what we came up with:



Does this look like something you would be interested in doing?  If so, here is what we did.

It all started a few weeks ago when I was searching around for a fun, toddler-friendly halloween activity.  I came across this page and printed out a few copies with the intention to do an alphabet project.  Instead of using the ghosts for the alphabet (a cute idea, maybe for another time), I decided to cut out only 7 ghosts - the length of her name.  Using a sharpie marker, I wrote each letter of her name on one ghost.

Next came the best part - coloring the "friendly" ghosts!  I gave my little one two different orange crayons.  Since I am dealing with an almost 2 year old, we put each ghost on top of an old magazine just in case she missed coloring in the lines:)

Finally when the ghosts were a nice color orange, we put a little glue dot (left over from my scrapbooking days) on each clothespin (7 in total) and stuck a ghost on top.  I hung up some string using the 3M command "damage-free" clips (these are great because they don't remove the paint) and clipped each letter on. 

Ta-da!   Simple, cute and helps to put our house in the Halloween spirit:)

Share

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! My little guy is crazy about ghosts, so we may try this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! She loves looking up at the ghosts and proudly spells her name:)

    ReplyDelete

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...