Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Run Momma, Run!

About two months ago we started training for a 5K...our very FIRST race ever!  About 3 or 4 times a week, we would meet up and run; building up the total distance each time in .5 mile increments.  This schedule seemed to work better for us then the "couch to 5k" training plan that I had found online.  On September 3rd, we ran and I am proud to report...finished!!

This weekend I will enter my 3rd 5k race!  I hope my time has improved, but to be honest, I doubt it :)  The weather has gotten colder and the sun sets earlier making it much harder to find the time to run with my little munchkin!  I am attempting to wake up early in the morning and "train" before the sun rises...will keep you posted on this journey!

For any of you on the east coast, I recently got new shoes and inserts that I am just in love with so much that I had to share!!  A friend told me to head over to Road Runner Sports in Paramus, NJ and boy am I glad that he mentioned this place!  Here are the new sneakers I chose based on the outcome of my assessment (the friendly staff took a look at my arches, running style, etc) - I was partial to getting a pair of pink ones:)

Sunday will be the first time I race with my new shoes and I am so excited to see how it goes!!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

<3 We would love to hear from you - it would make our day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...